I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Souix Falls

We stayed overnight in Sioux Falls at my cousin's house. We had a great time and got a nice tour of the city. We stopped off at a restaurant for nachos.
They have very tasty nachos but the reason to go to the place is to see the landscaping, which is excellent. They have a waterfall and lots of neat native plants. Watch out for the salvia though. Salvia has been around for centuries and has been used as a shamanic herb in Mexico. They smoke it and have visions. I saw on Fox News that those naughty teenagers have rediscovered it and have been buying it to smoke. I wonder how long it will take before the Sioux Falls teenagers figure it out and steal it.

A lot of people drive recreational vehicles without helmets in Sioux Falls.

They have a very nice downtown.

We took a trip to the actual falls that give the name to Sioux Falls. I was pleasantly surprised that there were actually falls in Sioux Falls.
How many times do you see something that is named one way and looks another? I saw an apartment complex in the middle of a cornfield called "Mountain View Apartments." There was some trickery involving the falls at one point. When investors came to Sioux Falls the citizens dammed the river upstream. When the investors came they blew the damn to make it look like a lot more water was coming over the falls. The idea was that the investors would build a mill.