I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Lemon Chicken on the Grill

I got a new cookbook a while ago. It is from the guy who owns Rao's in NYC and its called Recipes from the Neighborhood. We made a few things out of it recently. We really liked the lemon chicken from the original Rao's cookbook and Recipes from the Neighborhood has an adaptation for the grill. I changed a couple things around to make it easier for us to make.

Rao's Lemon Chicken on the Grill

3 chicken breasts with bone and skin
1 1/2 cups lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c olive oil
2 T red wine vinegar
1 t salt
1/2 t oregano
1/4 t black pepper
3 T fresh chopped Italian parsley

Dump all of the marinade ingredients into a measuring cup and stir. Leave the parsley out, because it is just for the garnish at the end. Put the chicken in a ziplock bag and pour half of the marinade into the bag, saving the other half for later. Marinate for at least an hour. Overnight is probably better if you can swing it. Grill chicken very well, 35 or 40 minutes until the skin is slightly charred all over. Meanwhile put the reserved marinade into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook until it is reduced by half. To serve, put the chicken on a platter. Pour the boiled down marinade over and sprinkle with parsley.

Labels: , ,