I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Have some leftover lemon chicken? It makes great chicken salad sandwiches. Here is a recipe that I have featured elsewhere on the blog.

Elvis' Chicken Salad Sandwiches

2 T olive oil
1/3 cup vinegar
juice 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups shredded chicken
2 cups diced celery
ΒΌ cup capers
2 T diced bread and butter pickles
2 T diced green onions
2 hard boiled eggs, diced
Mayo

Combine chicken, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Marinate for 2 hours and then drain chicken. Combine with other ingredients and refrigerate. To serve, place a piece of lettuce on a piece of toasted bread, top with salad and put the other slice on top.

Labels: