I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Suped-Up Sun Tea

'tiz getting to be sun tea time down here. Yesterday I made up some sun tea. There is little that can be done to improve the flavor of a good glass of sun tea but I think I may have found a way. When I make sun tea I make about 2 1/2 quarts - the size of my container. I put about 4 teabags in it and let it sit out in the sun for a few hours. I like Luzianne brand.
I was watching a movie called Dirty Mary Crazy Larry starring Peter Fonda. He is a NASCAR driver who wants to get into a better car. To get money he and his mechanic rob a grocery store safe and a wild car chase is started across Texas. Much action. Much great driving. His two main cars are a 68 Chevy Impala and a 69 Dodge Charger, both heavily modified by his mechanic. They use some colorful language in the film. Peter Fonda jumped the 68 Impala off some sort of a ramp over some construction workers and peeled out of a parking lot. One cop was talking to another on the radio and said:
"The subject is driving a blue 68 Chevy. He got blocked in by a truck and pancaked it off of a ramp. The locals think it might be suped."
Love it, love it, love it. Suped up cars. How about some suped-up sun tea to drink while you watch the movie?

Suped-Up Sun Tea
2 1/2 quarts sun tea made strong
3 cups orange juice
1 1/4 cups sugar
juice of one lemon

Combine everything and serve over ice.


Labels: ,