I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Rao's Italian Potato Salad

With our lemon chicken we had an Italian potato salad from Recipes from the Neighborhood. Think German potato salad only with an Italian flare.

Rao’s Italian Potato Salad

5 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼ inch slices
1 red onion, halved and sliced
4 cloves garlic, sliced, minced or pressed
2 T capers, drained and rinsed
6 vinegared cherry peppers
3T vinegar from peppers
2tsp salt or more according to your taste
Pepper to taste
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup olive oil
1 cup pitted Sicilian green olives

Peel, cut and boil potatoes 10-12 minutes in salted water. Drain and cover in cold water. When the potatoes are cool place them in a large bowl. Combine the red onion, garlic, capers, peppers, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil and pour over the potatoes. Garnish with olives.