I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Smoker

My old smoker recently finished its lifespan. The bottom pan rusted out. Earlier this week I was in Kansas City for a test. I went around to various BBQ supply stores and none of them had a pit-style smoker for under $700. Thank God for craigslist. I found a perfect pit-style smoker for $100.


My old smoker was a water smoker made by Brinkmann. It smokes food with a pan of water in the smoker to humidify the meat. My new smoker is a pit smoker. There is no water pan in my pit smoker although it would be easy enough to add one.