I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Turkey Casserole

Below is the best recipe for turkey casserole that I know of. It is a reason to make turkey just by itself.


Chef Julie's Turkey Casserole

1 cup diced celery
3 cups cooked chicken or turkey
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can evaporated milk (5 ounce) (UNSWEETENED)
1 small jar diced pimento

1 cup water

½ cup cooked rice (cook ½ cup dry rice and use the proceeds)
1 can drained water chestnuts
1/2 can chow mein noodles
1 pkg sliced almonds

1 T soy sauce

Sprinkling of garlic salt

Dump the above ingredients together in a bowl and stir real well.

Top with chow a layer of cheddar cheese and then chow mein noodles.


Bake at 375 for 45 – 60 minutes until the top is bubbling.

Works best in a rectangular cake pan so that the layer of goop isn’t too thick.