I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Technicolor Experiments

I have been interested lately in Technicolor photography. You can learn more about it by clicking on the link.

A recent movie that has used digital processing to make a film in technicolor was The Aviator. I read up on how they did it. Although they never published exactly how they did it, they did publish enough information for me to reverse engineer some of the photos from the films.

I did some complicated color calculations in Photoshop and I have been able to reproduce how the Aviator did 2 strip and 3 strip technicolor. I made a little program so that with the click of a button I can transform a photograph into either format.

Here is our little one in 2 strip technicolor:

And here is the original:

3 strip technicolor was a lot harder but I finally got it. Here is Buzzy's Farm Site in glorious 3 strip technicolor:

And here is the original.

Anyway I am excited.