I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Smoked Pork Chops

Last night I decided to smoke up some Iowa Chops. I wanted them to be smoked but I didn't want the typical bar-b-que flavor with the sauce and all. So I made a dry rub that doesn't taste like your typical bar-b-que.

Dry Rub for Smoked Chops

makes enough for 4 chops

1 1/2 T sugar
1 T salt
1 t garlic salt
1 t onion powder
1 t ground black pepper
1 t ground yellow mustard
1/2 t celery salt
1/2 t ground ginger

To smoke chops all you have to do is get your smoker going and throw them on. You'll want to baste them a couple of times during smoking with olive oil. It doesn't take long at all, like an hour and a half to 2 hours. After an hour and a half check the temperature of the meat. You shouldn't let these cook too long or they could be dry and tough.