I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Pesto

I learned to make pesto sauce from a general surgeon in Topeka Kansas. One day we went to his house for lunch and he chopped a bunch of fresh basil off the bush. It is super easy to make. All you need is a buttload of basil, some olive oil, a few cloves of garlic, some salt and some parmesan. You just add the basil to the blender with a little olive oil. Keep adding more oil until all of your basil is smoothly blended. Add a few cloves of garlic and some parmesan cheese (about 1/4 cup for a good sized batch). Blend that up well and taste. Add salt if needed.

My naughty Aunt in Des Moines sent a huge bag of basil home with my wife on Tuesday. Seeing such a massive quantity of basil, I could not resist.