I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bourbon Steak

We were looking for something to serve with my uncle's red wine. I decided on a recipe of mine for bourbon steak. There is a butcher shop down here called Kingsley's that has good meat. In fact their meat is so good if it is not USDA Prime they will make a point of letting you know. Prime is the best quality meat. You can't buy prime meat in most places. There was one place in Kansas City called McGonigal's that you could buy prime. I've never seen prime anywhere in Iowa but I am sure you can find it if you look hard enough. Here is a USDA Prime T-Bone:
It made an excellent bourbon steak.
If this isn't perfectly done I don't know what is:
My naughty uncle's wine made a perfect pairing with the steak. For desert I had a few dates (my current favorite) and a few M&M's (the baby's current favorite.)