I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Gingersnap Streusel Sweet Potatoes

I got this recipe from my sister. She made it on Thanksgiving and it was a huge hit. We ate it tonight and it was a hit at our house as well. I think sweet potatoes are an underused item.


Gingersnap Streusel Sweet Potatoes

1/2 cup cup butter melted

1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream

6 sweet potatoes peeled and boiled and beaten with mixer

1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

3 large eggs

1 tsp.vanilla

Take your mashed sweet potatoes and add the above ingredients, then spoon in to a baking dish.

Streusel Topping

1/4 cup butter cut into pieces

1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

2 Tbs, all purpose flour

16 coarsely chopped gingersnaps cookies (Put in blender)

1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans


Combine all above ingredients, sprinkle over sweet potatoes.

Bake uncovered for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.