I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Dinner


We had a most excellent time on Thanksgiving day at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Des Moines. She is a most excellent cook and my uncle is all crazy like I am about home grown ingredients and nutty projects.
Featured for dinner was squash from my uncle's farm, potatoes from my uncle's farm, turkey, cranberry jello mold and an excellent corn dish, also from the farm.

When we left my uncle sent me home with a quart of tomato juice, a pint of picklelilly, a jar of horseradish and 2 bottles of the most excellent homemade wine. It was quite a haul!