I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

New Smoker a Hit

Readers may remember my posts about my BBQ style back in July. Click on this link to check out my recipes. We had basically the same meal tonight only with a pit-style smoker.


As you can see, my pulled pork was served the Carolina way with the slaw on the bun. I also used a mustard based sauce for my sandwich. Also pictured are Erik's Mom's Beans, smoked sausage and some ribs.

Ribs are easy if you follow the instructions.


Sausage is easy too. Towards the end of cooking just throw a Polish Sausage on the grill. Just make sure not to cook it too long. you don't want it to dry out.


Good pulled pork is another matter entirely. This one smoked 14 hours between 190 and 210.


It pulled apart with ease. Almost all of the fat was rendered away so that what was left was lean juicy meat. The outside part gets a little crispy. The outside is called Mr. Brown. The inside part stays nice and juicy and white. It is called Mrs. White.

You know who begged almost constantly and even raided the garbage can a couple times.