I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mint and Cilantro Chutney

One of my favorite chutney recipes is for mint and cilantro chutney. Enjoy.

Cilantro Mint Chutney

  • 1 cup fresh mint
  • 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 inch piece of ginger root
  • salt to taste
  • 1 green chili
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons coriander powder
  • 2 teaspoons amchoor (mango powder from Indian grocery, or substitute more lime or lemon juice)
  • 1/2 cup onion
  • 1/4-1/2 cup water for blending

Preparation:

1. Clean the mint leaves and cilantro leaves.

2. Add all ingredients except the water together in a blender or

3. Blend/process and add water as you blend to make it the consistency of pancake batter.



Labels: