I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Some Indian Spices

If you are by an Indian Grocer you might pick up a few things. These spices may be very hard to find in the middle of nowhere.

Ground Pomegranate seed is used in a lot of dishes as a way to add sourness. It looks a little to me like owl turds.Indian Chili Powder tastes a lot to me like cayenne pepper.
Fenugreek comes as both the seed form of the plant and the leaf form of the plant. It is a lot like cilantro, which comes as the leaf form (cilantro) and the seed form, coriander.
Amchoor or amchur is ground, dried green mango. It is used to add sourness to dishes.