I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Green Curry with Chicken and Snow Peas

We tried another curry tonight. This one was especially tasty. Even our little one pigged out on it, but she is used to spicy food.

Green Curry with Chicken and Snow Peas

1/4 pound snow peas
1 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk
3 T green curry paste (use less if you have a sensitive tongue)
1 onion, sliced
1 pound chicken, browned and cut up
1 T brown sugar
1 T brown bean sauce
A small pile of basil leaves, cut up
2 T cilantro, chopped

Dump sugar, coconut milk, curry paste, onion, brown sugar, and bean sauce into a sauce pan. Cover and bring to a simmer. Simmer until onions are soft. Add the cooked chicken and snow peas. Cook until snow peas are just soft. Remove from heat and dump in the herbs. Serve immediately!

Labels: