I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ham Fried Rice

Another staple of my childhood diet was my mother's ham fried rice. If you are eating fried rice, I can't think of any better version than ham fried rice. I'm not sure where she would have gotten this recipe but she was a scrub nurse for a while and I bet she got it from a Filipino lady.

Ham Fried Rice

3 cups cooked minute rice
1 healthy sized slice of ham, diced and browned
1 can La Choy Chop Suey vegetables, drained
4 eggs, scrambled
1 stalk celery, very finely chopped up in a food processor (sauteed briefly)
1 carrot, very finely chopped up in a food processor (sauteed briefly)
soy sauce
salt to taste

Mix all of the ingredients together in a wok or similar large pan. Stir really well until heated through. Add soy sauce to get it to the right color. Taste it and add salt if it isn't already salty enough.