I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Our Christmas present

This year my wife and I got each other a Chemnitzer concertina. It would not have been possible without our man in the field tracking it down. The concertina scene in the US mainly consists of a few people in the upper Midwest who all know each other. The concertina is a very complicated wind instrument and new ones are incredibly expensive, and by expensive I mean in the 10-20 thousand dollar range. Neither one of us know how to play a concertina so our man in the field was able to find us a very old but perfectly serviceable one for $300.