I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Christmas Morning

Every Christmas morning we used to have brunch consisting of some sort of egg casserole and homemade sticky buns. My mom always made them with pecans and my Grandmother made hers as butterscotch rolls. I am currently researching the butterscotch roll recipe. This year we had an egg casserole from one of my Wife's aunts. It was pretty darn tasty.

Aunt Caty’s Wake Up Casserole

8 frozen hash brown patties
4 cups shredded cheese
1 lb. cooked, cubed ham
7 eggs
1 cup milk
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground mustard

Place a single layer of hash browns in a greased, 9x13” pan. Sprinkle with cheese and ham. Beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard. Pour over potatoes. Cover and nake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake 15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.