I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Banana Bread

Whenever I buy bananas, I buy a few extra to make into banana bread. I think its best to let them ripen on the counter for a while.

Banana Bread

2-3 ripe bananas, mashed ( I use 3 because is makes for a moister bread)
1 ¾ c flour
2/3 c sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
1/3 c softened shortening, butter or margarine
2 T milk
2 eggs
¼ c chopped nuts ( I use walnuts)

Combine 1 cup of the flour and the rest of the dry ingredients. Add the bananas, butter and milk. Beat with a mixer on low until blended and then on high for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and the rest of the flour and beat until blended. Add nuts and stir until mixed in. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

My wife made up this batch.