I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Mrs. P's Waffles

When I was in highschool one of my friend's mom used to make these awesome waffles. I was always trying to get her to make a batch for me. One time I helped build a deck on her house just to get a few of her waffles. It was worth it. When we were in college she used to make a huge batch of them and send them with her son to keep in the freezer. One time my other friend, J, got into the waffle stash and it caused a huge fight. It involved a broad and a waffle, but the waffle was the important part of the fight.

Mrs. P's Waffles


1 3/4 C flour
3 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 beaten egg yolks
1 3/4 c milk
1/2 c oil
2 stiffly beaten egg whites (these should form stiff peaks)

Combine all except the egg whites. Fold these in at the end.