I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Ellen's Raisin Pudding Cake


When we lived in Temple Texas there was a lady who lived across the street that made this great pudding cake. The other day I was rummaging through a cabinet and I found the recipe written on the back of an envelope. It was actually a piece of mail that is postmarked September 1st 1978. Imagine that!

Ellen's raisin Pudding Cake


Combine in a bowl and beat until smooth:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 t soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 t nutmeg
1 t vanilla
1 T butter
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup nuts

Pour batter into a 9X9 inch ungreased cake pan.

Next boil 2 cups water and add 2 T butter and 1 cup brown sugar. Pour the boiling mixture over the unbaked cake batter.

Bake in the oven at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.