I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hiking in Kentucky

Since we've moved to Kentucky I have been working on my fitness. The only kind of fitness I care about is the kind that is useful to me. When am I going to bench press 500 pounds? Don't care. When am I going to squat 800 pounds? Don't care. But I do enjoy hiking and I would like to get better at it. My current goal is to be able to hike a 13.3 mile trail at Bernheim Forest, about 20 minutes south of Louisville. Last weekend I was able to do about 7.5 miles of it.

This is not your usual hiking trail.



Most of the time the trail is almost non-existant. You have to follow blazes on the trees.

Even though it is only 20 miles away from Louisville, it is in RURAL Kentucky. I was a little worried at first about the whole Deliverance thing.



But there are very few confrontations that can't be solved with a cell-phone and a large Buck knife.



More on my hikes later.