I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Weekend in Kentucky

This weekend someone gave me a box at Churchill downs so we went out for a few hours to watch the horses run.



I made a few $2 bets, one of which was a Trifecta. I won the trifecta bet and the proceeds paid for parking, all of our beverages for the day and dinner at a great Thai place called Mai's Thai.



Its a great restaurant on 10th street in Jeffersonville, Indiana (connected to Louisville). The lady that runs it has a real passion and she makes her own recipes. Most of the profits go to restore this ancient temple in Thailand.

This morning I decided to go on a little site-seeing tour.



I found a great state park called General Butler State Park about 45 minutes away. It is tucked away up in the "mountains."