I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Upper Midwest Music

I got a couple CD's in the mail today from our man in the field in Ledyard.



They are AWESOME polka music CD's. I was lucky that my wife made goulash tonight because it fit a little bit with the food. Of course, as our man in the field writes, there is nothing that goes better with this kind of music than bratwurst and cheap beer. I am planning on doing a special on it very soon.

For you deadheads out there, this is your chance to hear a Dead tune done polka. See number 7 - Fire on the Mountain.



It is full on summer in most of the country right now. Today a cicada fell out of the tree dead from the heat. Ever wonder what one of those loud buzzing insects looks like up close?


I have been doing a lot of cool cases lately. One of the scrub nurses shot this photo of me studying a skull modeled after the CT scan of a patient I was working on. I thought it was kindof neat.