I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Ye Olde Christmas Ham

For Christmas Dinner we had ham. I found some great videos on how to best do it. To summarize:

1) put the ham in a roasting pan and make a tent of tin foil over the top. Bake at 250 for 3 to 4 hours.
2) Rub ham with Dijon mustard, then brown sugar. Next spray with a little bourbon. Finally rub again with ground up ginger snaps.
3) Glaze rubbed ham in oven at 350, uncovered, for an hour.

The best thing about ham is that the leftovers make great dishes, perhaps even better than turkey!

If you wish to watch the original videos, go to youtube and do a search for Alton Brown Ham.

Labels: