I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Blackberry Cobbler

I made a cobbler based roughly on a video I found on Youtube.

I changed it by using canned blackberries and I lowered the baking temperature to 375.

Blackberry Cobbler

filling: two 14 oz cans blackberries in syrup, drained
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cup sugar

Bring to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to a simmer. Meanwhile combine the following ingredients in a bowl:

3 T flour
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg

Dump the contents of the bowl into the filling and stir until thickened.

Pour the filling into a cast iron skillet.

Make a batter out of:
1 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 t salt
2 t baking powder
3/4 cup milk

Drizzle batter over the top of the filling.

Place into 375 degree oven and bake until top is browned. Serve with ice cream.


Our little one wanted a cookie for desert until I told her that the cobbler came with ice cream. Then she found out she really likes cobbler.

It was nice to have the oven on because our town is getting killed by snow.

Labels: