I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Baked Pork Chops with Rice Hotdish

I got this recipe from a Home-Published cookbook. I bought the book from Chef Julie who bought it from her friend Millie, who wrote the cookbook. There are tons and tons of recipes in there and I am just beginning to work through it.

I modified the recipe just a little.

Baked Pork Chops with Rice Hotdish

3-6 pork chops
2 T oil
1 box Uncle Ben's long grain and wild rice
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
4 oz can sliced mushrooms
1 green pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T soy sauce
1 T Dijon Mustard
Water to make 3 cups

You can use up to 6 pork chops but there are only 3 people eating solid food in my house. 3 pork chops work real well to make a Dutch oven hotdish. Sear each pork chop in a little olive oil in a Dutch oven. Meanwhile combine the juice from the mushrooms with water to make 3 cups liquid. Add soy sauce, garlic, Dijon, soup mix and seasoning from the Uncle Ben's. When pork chops are done turn the heat off and dump the liquid mixture into the Dutch oven. Use a spatula to scrape up the porky goodness. Add the rice and green pepper. Top with the pork chops. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Next remove the lid and bake about 10 minutes until the liquid thickens up.

Labels: