I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Asiago Chicken Bake

One of the nurses that I work with is a fan of the site and sent me a recipe. We tried it tonight and it was delicious. I have included her recipe below. Unfortunately I could not get a few of the ingredients in Humboldt. I substituted bacon for proscuitto. Instead of shrimp I added a saute of shallots, mushrooms, a leek and pimentos. I pretty much followed the recipe otherwise.

Asiago Chicken Bake

Ingredients:

Sauce:
3 T. butter
3 T. Marsala Wine
1 C. grated Asiago Cheese
1/2 C. chicken broth
1 T. Dijon mustard
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. cayenne pepper
2 T. minced garlic
2 C. heavy cream
1/2 C. milk
1 T. cornstarch
2 t. minced fresh rosemary
1/2 t. fresh thyme

12 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined

2 skinless chicken breasts

1/2 C. (2 oz) thick sliced smoked prosciutto chopped

1 pound penne rigate pasta

Topping: 3 T. grated asiago cheese
1 1/2 t. paprika

Prepare BBQ grill to high.
Prepare sauce: Melt butter over med/low heat. Add Garlic and sweat for about 5 min. Be sure it doesn't brown. Add Marsala wine and cook for 5 min. Add remaining ingredients and whisk til smooth. Bring to simmer for 10 min. Cover and remove from heat.
Cook pasta til tender but not "al dente". Drain and set aside.
Pound thick end of chicken breast to make uniform thickness. Skewer shrimp. Rub both with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill chicken 5-6 min. per side. Grill shrimp 2 min per side. Cube chicken.
Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Combine all ingredients in l3 x 9 casserole dish. Top with topping and bake for 10-12 min.

Our little one even liked it!