I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Marv's Cream Style Corn with Brocoli

This is a really tasty hotdish originated by my wife's maternal grandfather. He was an exceptional cook and this recipe proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Marv’s Cream Style Corn and Broccoli Hot Dish

2 boxes frozen broccoli, thawed, (substitute 1 head of broccoli, steamed lightly)
Butter
Slices of American cheese
Salt and pepper

Corn Sauce
½ cup crushed saltines
1 can cream style corn
1 small jar pimentos
½ onion, finely diced
Salt and pepper
½ cup milk

More crushed saltines for topping

Butter a 9X13 inch or similar baking dish. Place broccoli in the bottom and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut up a little butter into small cubes and drop cubes over broccoli.

Next place a layer of cheese slices.

Mix together the corn sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the top of the broccoli and cheese. Top with more crushed saltines.

Bake at 350 until bubbly and the top is starting to brown a little.

Labels: