I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Dinner Rolls

Making dinner rolls isn't hard but it requires some planning to get them done on time. This is a pretty standard recipe for rolls.

Dinner Rolls

Mix 1/4 cup water with 1 package yeast. Let sit for a while.

Heat 1 cup milk on the stove briefly. Add 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 t salt.
Cool until lukewarm.

Add about 3 1/2 cups flour, 1 egg and yeast mixture. Kneed with the Kitchen Aid until it looks right - about 10 minutes.

Let dough rise, covered, until doubled in size. Separate into rolls and place in a baking dish. Cover and let rise until they are touching and about the size you want them to be when they are done baking.

Bake at 375 until top is browned. Be careful because the tendency is to under cook the rolls and have raw dough at the bottom.

Labels: