I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Hot and Sour Cucumbers

We made a neat appetizer from the book Potsticker Chronicles.

Hot and Sour Cucumbers

4 cucumbers
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 T dry sherry
6 T sugar
2 T cider vinegar
1 t crushed red pepper
1 T cornstarch mixed with 3 T cold water

Peel cucumbers and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and cut it into 1/2 inch spears.
Combine all of the other ingredients except cornstarch and water into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture gradually until the sauce is thick. Pour the sauce over the cucumbers and serve immediately.