I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Home Made Wide Rice Noodles

I was hungry again for HPB. I searched for wide rice noodles like they use at Penny's Noodles but I couldn't find any. I decided to make some. I searched around for a recipe but I couldn't find a great one. I finally found one that was a cross between semolina flour and rice flour. The only trick is you need a Pasta Machine.

Wide Rice Noodles for HPB

1 1/2 cups semolina flour
1/2 cup rice flour
2 T vegetable oil
2 eggs

Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir real well. Now kneed the dough for a while. If it wants to crumble at a few drops of water. Next run it through a pasta machine to make big flat sheets. Slice to make wide noodles.
Here is what wide noodles look like on a plate of HPB. Check out the steam!
Tonight we served it with a bowl of Thai Sweet Potato Soup.