I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Country-Style Curry

I am still on a Thai food kick. I think the big breakthrough came when we got the book Real Thai. I decided to make a curry that doesn't have coconut milk in it.

Country-Style Curry
Gaeng-Bah

1/2 pound beef, pork or tofu
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
3 T black bean sauce
1 T sugar
1 can sliced bamboo shoots
1 eggplant, not peeled, and cut into 1 inch dice
15 green beans cut into 2 inch pieces
a few fresh basil leaves
red bell pepper, cut into long thin strips
a few baby corns, cut up

Heat some oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook for a few minutes. Add the meat and stir fry until cooked.
Add everything else except the basil and bring to a boil. Cook until vegetables are just done.