I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Various News

I was at my Uncle's house last fall watching the Iowa vs. Michigan State game. I was insanely jealous of his wood burning stove in the basement. It heats up the whole basement in no time at all and it is such a wonderful thing to have right there next to the TV. If it wasn't enough that he has this awesome stove, he also had Strike Anywhere matches! I've spent the last 3 months looking for a box with no luck. Finally I just broke down and bought some on the internet. I'll let the readers know whether it worked or not, and if I get my order, where they can be purchased.

I was walking the dog down by Steamer Cove tonight and I had a funny thought. I was watching her walk a few steps and sniff, walk a few more and sniff. Every once in a while she would leave a little something behind. Watching her do this was like watching someone surf the internet. She seemed very interested in what she was sniffing. When she would leave a little something it was almost like she was responding to a message. So I got to thinking. Maybe when she is sniffing around in a public space like that where there have been a bunch of dogs it is like she is reading the newspaper or looking at a website. I've decided that she is checking her pee-mail. I think she is keeping up with the other local dogs and all the gossip. A decrypted message would probably read to us like it is about Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolle, but to her its Rin Tin Tin and Lassie.