I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Campfest 2005 Complete

Our yearly camping trip has concluded. It was a lot of fun. We had 10 people there this year, which is an excellent turnout. I did a few things differently this year. I brought a smoker and made ribs one night. I also made chili in a Dutch oven and cornbread. The cornbread was really tasty. I made it in a bundt cake pan and put the pan inside the Dutch oven.

On Saturday night we were on the way to buy the supplies to make Dutch oven enchiladas and a huge thunderstorm hit. We went to the Pasta House in Osage Beach and waited an hour, never to be served. We ended up eating at a Burger King. By the time we were all done the storm had blown over. The tents and everything were dry so it was all good.

One of the kids on the campout had a major blowout when we left Burger King without playing in the play gym. Those things are a nightmare and need to be stopped. Even if you let the kid play in there for 5 hours they still leave kicking and screaming.

We have been making this great apple raisin cake lately. I will post the recipe and hopefully a picture soon.