I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Breakfast

Sometimes you just feel like a good breakfast. My 2 favorite breakfast foods are hashbrown casserole and my Great Grandmother's recipe for buttermilk pancakes. As far as I am concerned, these are the two difinitive recipes for those dishes.

Hash Brown Casserole

a little diced ham
1 can cream of chicken soup
3 T melted butter
1 t salt
½ t black pepper
½ c diced onion
2 c grated colby
2 pounds thawed hash browns
Diced ham (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9X13 pan. Mix everything together and bake uncovered for 35 minutes.



The Buttermilk Pancake Recipe

3 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 cups flour
2 eggs
2 T sugar
2 t baking soda
1 pinch salt

Mix everything up. A few lumps is OK and even preferred by some. These are best made with a light coating of bacon grease on the frying pan or griddle. Not too much though, you want pancakes not pan-fried fritters.