I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Jalapeno Sauce

I have to be real careful now with making my food too hot because of the baby and all. I had a few jalapenos sitting around and an old jar of pickled jalapenos so I decided to make some jalapeno sauce. It has a nice smokey, tangy flavor and the grilling of the peppers mellows it a bit.

Jalapeno Sauce

6 jalapenos
1/2 of a jar of Old El Paso sliced pickled jalapenos
1/2 small onion
1 t ground oregano
1/4 cup vinegar from the canned jalapenos
salt to taste
2 cloves garlic
a little olive oil

Grill the jalapenos until the skin on the outside is a little blackened and the peppers begin to soften.



Seed the grilled jalapenos and peel off most of the skin while rinsing. Dice up the onion and garlic and saute in olive oil. Dump all of the ingredients into a blender and blend. You will have to add a little water. You want the consistency to be about like a smoothy. Return the blended sauce to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes. It should keep just fine in the fridge.