I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Apple Cake

I have been making this apple raisin cake a lot over the last few months. It is my current favorite. I especially like the chunks of apple.

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
4 apples, peeled, cored and cut into small chunks
1/2 cups white raisins
1 tablespoon rum
1 t vanilla

Mix everything up and pour into a bundt cake mold. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and then frost. I like cream cheese frosting on this.