I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Honey Chili Chicken

My sister has a recipe that is really great. She calls it honey chili chicken. She makes hers a little bit different than I make mine, but mine is just a modification of her recipe. I have been really enjoying the way baked chicken tastes lately so I modified the recipe to include baking.

Honey Chili Chicken

Place 2 chicken breasts (raw) in a cast iron skillet.

In a bowl mix up:
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 T minced garlic
1 6 oz can tomato paste
16 oz tomato sauce
juice of 1 lemon
1 T chili powder
fresh ground black pepper
3/4 c Pace picante sauce
1/2 c honey

Pour over the chicken and bake at 375 uncovered for 1 1/2 hours.

I served mine over Cuban yellow rice.

Cuban Yellow Rice

1 12 oz can beer
3/4 cup rice
2 t chicken broth granules
a few dashes of Cuban yellow poweder

Throw all of the above into a rice steamer and cook away.

I also had steamed cauliflower. I got the idea to steam it with mustard seeds from my friend's food blog. You can find a link to it on the left.