I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Chocolate Guinness Cake

My wife made a great cake this weekend, the recipe also from the NYT last week. Its like a regular chocolate cake but there is a slight taste of Guinness. The frosting is amazing.


Chocolate Guinness Cake

From the New York Times, December 2004

Heat the following ingredients together in a sauce pan until the butter melts:

1 c Guinness Stout
10 T butter
¾ c cocoa
2 c powdered sugar

Add to the following ingredients slowly in a mixer:

¾ cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 T vanilla
2 c flour
2 ½ t baking soda

Place into a springform pan and bake at 350 until done. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.

For the icing combine:

1 ¼ c powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese at room temp
½ c heavy whipping cream