I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Monday, December 06, 2004

Chicken Parmesan

Last night we had one of my all time favorite chicken dishes. Its so tasty that it borders on sinful. If I were you I wouldn't bring this recipe to a church pot luck. You're likely to need re-baptizing after that. It would be scandelous to be sure.

Chicken Parmesan a la Koko

3 chicken breasts.
Olive oil

Coating:
Salt/pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
½ cup parmesan cheese
½ cup bread crumbs (English muffins preferred, but can use croutons ground up or crackers or whatever)
4 T melted butter.

Some kind of marinara sauce to put over the top.
1 piece proscuitto per piece of chicken (you can substitute pancetta or thinly sliced ham)
1 small handful of mozzarella per piece of chicken

Directions:
1) Wash and dry chicken well
2) Combine coating ingredients in a bowl.
3) Lightly coat a baking dish/pan with olive oil
4) Lightly coat each chicken piece with olive oil and coat real well with crumbs. Place a piece of proscuito on top of each piece of bird.
5) Roast the chicken at 350 until it's crisp, browned, and cooked through, 45-50 minutes min.
6) Put a scoop of marinara on top of each bird and sprinkle with mozzarella. Return to the oven until cheese is melted.