I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Vedie's Buttermilk Pancakes

There was some buttermilk in my fridge this weekend so I made my Great Grandmother's recipe for buttermilk pancakes. This is the recipe I make when I make pancakes. I don't really see any reason to make anything else. These are perfect for my tastes.

Vedie's Buttermilk Pancakes

3 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 cups flour
2 eggs
2 T sugar
2 t baking soda
1 pinch salt

Mix everything up. A few lumps is OK and even preferred by some. These are best made with a light coating of bacon grease on the frying pan or griddle. Not too much though, you want pancakes not pan-fried fritters.