I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Catching Up

I have been away for a while. I went to Chicago for an interview. I have made a few things since my last post but not much. One of the things I made was out of leftovers in the fridge. I found a tomato, part of an onion, green pepper, some mushrooms, eggs, frozen potatoes O'Brien, a little bit of mozzarella cheese, some pancetta and some marinara. That sounds like the perfect makings for a baked frittata.

Baked Frittata from My Fridge

In a cast iron skillet or other oven proof skillet, heat 2 T olive oil. Fry potatoes O'Brien in the olive oil for a little while. Add diced onions and green pepper and saute until softened. Add the mushrooms and 5 well beaten eggs. On top of the frittata place a few tomato slices and put a piece of pancetta on top of each slice. Bake in the oven at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until eggs puff up and pancetta is nicely browned. Put a small handful of shredded mozzarella on top of each piece of pancetta and return to the oven until the cheese is melted. Serve with marinara.