I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Tasty Christmas Cookies

Over the weekend we made up a batch of cookies for Christmas. I got the recipe out of last week's New York Times.

White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies

From the New York Times, December 2004

1 cup flour
½ t baking powder
½ t salt
1 c rolled oats
9 T butter
½ c brown sugar
½ c powdered sugar
1 egg
½ t vanilla
½ c dried cranberries
½ c pecans
¾ c white chocolate chips

Mix everything up in a mixer and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until done. For best results bake on a cookie sheet lined with a piece of parchment paper and misted with spray oil. Let cool on a wire rack.