I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

A few German Mixed Drinks

I have to say I am a huge fan of the Youtube video series Germany Vs. USA. Its really quite extraordinary. One of the videos is on drinks.


Spezi
50/50 mixture of Fanta and Coke

We haven't tried that yet. I don't have any Coke or Fanta on hand.

Radler
A 50/50 mixture of beer and Sprite.

We were expecting this to be gross but we both loved it. It is a lot like ginger ale only much tastier and five times as naughty.


Apfelschorle

Mixture of apple juice and sparkling water.

This is very tasty. Not quite as sweet or strong as straight apple juice. It was a very refreshing drink. Highly recommended.

And this one is something I read about when making hard cider:

Apfelwine mit Sprite
Take hard cider and mix it with Sprite.

This was an extremely enjoyable drink. It was nice and refreshing and not too alcoholic. I used NJ cider #2 so there was an extreme amount of apply goodness.

Labels: