I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Corned Beef Part 2

I took the beef out of its brine today. I decided to cut it into meal sized portions and package them for later use. The first thing you have to do is wash the brine off the meat. Then you need to dry it real well with paper towels.

Next cut the beef into meal sized portions. For us that is about a pound or so.

Next package them for the freezer. I think the best way to do this is with a vacuum sealer like a FoodSaver.


We got enough for 4 good sized meals. I packaged 2 pieces pretty square in shape with more meat than fat. I plan to use those to make deli style corned beef.