I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Oklahoma Joe's Fries

I have a few favorites for BBQ in Kansas City. My top 2 favorites are Oklahoma Joe's and Arthur Bryant's. Arthur Bryant's is kind of a hole in the wall place off of Brooklyn avenue. They have a saltier sauce that I like really well. Oklahoma Joe's was in a gas station up by KU where I did my general surgery. The first time I had Oklahoma Joe's I was on an ER rotation as an intern. The fries were delicious! One of the ER nurses went so far as to call the cocaine fries. I toiled away for a long time to figure out how they were doing it. I finally figured it out. Every time I have served these fries there has been a mass gobbling. It is easy to make them.

Step 1

Coat some french fries in milk real quick and move them to another bowl.

Step 2


Sprinkle dry Ranch Dressing mix over the fries.

Step 3


Fry the seasoned fries and let cool a little.

Step 4
Devour. WARNING: DO NOT POUR ANY TYPE OF CHEESE SAUCE OVER THESE FRIES. THEY WILL BECOME DANGEROUSLY TASTY AND YOUR HEAD WILL EXPLODE.