I always try to eat delicious food. Unfortunately I don't have that much money, so I have to cook a lot of it at home. But thats OK because I love cooking and I love eating at home with my wife. This is a website with my favorite recipes and a little bit of commentary.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Ultimate Americanized Naan

There is no more American foodstuff than sourdough. I made some sourdough naan tonight. To make it I made my usual naan dough but started with what looked like 25% of the dough being sourdough culture. It took 8 hours on the counter to double in size and cooked up very nice. It was the last thing made by my current oven. Tomorrow it gets swapped out because of a defective bottom burner.
Our little one requested a photo with Mr. Blanket.
She also requested that Mr. Duck pose with the butter chicken. It was better this time. I made it with just a few drops of red food coloring and I was extremely careful with the salt.
Here is a nice photo of our Indian feast. If you pair these two dishes be sure to include some chutney. The flavors of these two dishes are so strong that you need to cleanse your palate when you switch between dishes.